The Golden Triangle and Mandawa Tour Package 08 Days
India Gate Memorial
Justa The Residence at Panchsheel
Hotel Udai Vilas
Justa The Residence at Panchsheel
Delhi - Delhi blends an historic past and a vibrant present. Many dynasties ruled from here and the city is rich in the architecture of its monuments. Diverse cultural elements absorbed into the daily life of city have enriched its character. Exploring the city can be a fascinating and rewarding experience.
Mandawa - Mandawa was founded in the middle of the 18th century. It is a town in the district of Rajasthan, which is known for its fort and havelis. The Mandawa Fort in particular dominates the town with a painted arched gateway, adorned with Lord Krishna and his cows. It was constructed with a medieval theme with beautiful frescoes, exquisite carvings and amazing mirror work. The town has been referred to as the ‘open art gallery’ of Rajasthan.
Jaipur - Jaipur is a reservoir of the architectural wonders that embrace the rich legacy of India. It is also known as the Pink City and is the capital of the Rajasthan State. There are many forts and monuments in Jaipur that are worth seeing. In the heart of Jaipur, lies the magnificent City Palace. The sight of the amazing Hawa Mahal is a strong favourite amongst tourist wishing to see the wonders of Indian architecture. The Amber Fort is located in Jaipur. This Fort is stunning, all constructed in white marble and red sandstone. To add to its allure, the Maotha Lake creates its foreground. The crystal mirror image of the Fort, on the still waters of the lake, seem to be a beautiful illusion and provides a unique photographic opportunity.
Agra - Agra famous for the magnificent Taj Mahal and the Agra Fort. The Taj Mahal is an exquisite masterpiece in white marble. Built in 1648 by the famous Shah Jahan who was the fifth Mughal Emperor of India, in memory of his late wife Mumtaz Mahal. Both the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort lie in close proximity to each other on the banks of the Yamuna River.
Meeting and assistance upon arrival in Delhi and transfer to your hotel. Later, take a city sightseeing tour of Old and New Delhi. Visit the city of Delhi. Visiting the Raj Ghat on the banks of the Yamuna River and Mahatma Gandhi’s Memorial. Later proceed for New Delhi. Visit the mausoleum of Emperor Humayun’s - a forerunner of the Mughal style of architecture. Drive past the India Gate (war memorial dedicated to those Indian soldiers who laid down their lives during WWII), the President's residence, which was formerly the Viceroy's Palace, Parliament House and the Secretariat buildings, all displaying an interesting blend of the Victorian and 20th century architecture.
Payable directly today.
Overnight in Justa The Residence at Panchsheel
Breakfast at hotel. Morning depart by taxi for Mandawa. (Approx 5 ½ hrs) Upon arrival, check in at hotel and have lunch. After lunch, take a sight-seeing tour of Mandawa. In the heart of the Shekhawati region of Rajasthan lies the beautiful small town Mandawa, known throughout the state for its forts and havelis. The compact and busy little market town of Mandawa was settled and fortified in 18th century by the dominant merchant families of the region. The wealthy businessmen of the village constructed many havelis and baolis with coloured paintings adorning their walls. Later on, with the migration of these merchant families, their old settlements remained in total obscurity with no one to look after them. Despite the time lapse and ignorance about these visual and architectural extravaganzas, their attraction did not fade and today they are some of the major attractions for the tourists visiting Rajasthan.
Breakfast in Delhi.
Overnight Hotel Udai Vilas.
After breakfast, morning visit to the havelis and the old mansions in Mandawa. After lunch in a local restaurant, depart by taxi for Jaipur. (Approx 4 ½ hrs) Upon arrival in Jaipur, check in at your hotel. Jaipur was built in the 18th century. It is a planned city built with ancient Hindu rules as the colonial capital of a richly colourful state. It was made even more attractive with the pink wash - a traditional colour of welcome in 1853 in honour of the visit of Prince Albert.
Early morning excursion to the magnificent Amber Fort. Elephant ride around the fort (depending upon availability). After visiting the Amber Fort, return to the hotel for breakfast, Evening meal at your hotel.
After breakfast, depart by taxi for Agra, visiting Fatehpur Sikri en-route. (Approx. 5 hours) Visit the remarkably well-preserved, graceful buildings within the 'Ghost City' including the Jama Masjid, tomb of Salim Chisti, Panch Mahal Palace and other palaces that speak of the grandeur and splendour of the Mughal empire at the height of its power. After visiting Fatehpur Sikri, continue your drive to Agra (1 hour depending on traffic) and check in at your hotel. Agra stands on the bank of the Yamuna River and was once the seat of the Mughal Rulers. A city enshrined in romance and famous for its beautiful medieval monuments. The passion of the Mughals for building endowed it with some of the loveliest buildings in the world. After lunch at your hotel. Afternoon at leisure. In the evening, visit the superb Kalikriti Live Show, which tells the story of how the Taj Mahal came to be built. (Approx 5 mins drive).
Visit the majestic Taj Mahal by sunrise, an exquisite masterpiece in white marble, built by Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife, Mumtaj Mahal. Taj Mahal means "Crown Palace" and is in fact the most well- preserved and architecturally beautiful tomb in the world. It is best described by the English poet, Sir Edwin Arnold, as "Not a piece of architecture, as other buildings are, but the proud passions of an emperor’s love wrought in living stones.” It is a celebration of woman built in marble and that’s the way to appreciate it. As a tribute to a beautiful woman and as a monument for enduring love, the Taj reveals its subtleties when one visits it without being in a hurry. The dome is made of white marble, but the tomb is set against the plain across the river and it is this background that works its magic of colours that, through their reflection, change the view of the Taj. The colours change at different hours of the day and during different seasons. Like a jewel, the Taj sparkles in moonlight when the semi-precious stones inlaid into the white marble on the main mausoleum catch the glow of the moon. The Taj is pinkish in the morning, milky white in the evening and golden when the moon shines. These changes, they say, depict the different moods of woman. After spending time at the Taj, return to your hotel for breakfast. Later visit the Agra fort, also built alongside the Yamuna River, stretching for almost 2.5 km. The fort contains splendid palaces both in red sandstone and white marble, built by two generations of prolific master builders.
After breakfast at your hotel, you can spend the morning relaxing in your hotel, or use the time for souvenir shopping/browsing the markets. Afternoon depart by A/C taxi for Delhi, visiting Sikandra en-route. (Approx 4 ½ hrs)
Justa The Residence at Panchsheel
After breakfast, transfer to Delhi International Airport for your departure
Price is based on the following hotels:
- Supplements during Christmas & New Year eve are NOT included in the above cost and these would be payable directly by the clients.
- Accommodation in the above mentioned hotels or similar and meals as listed in the itinerary
- Air-conditioned car (for 02 & 03 people), AC Toyota Innova (04 people) & AC Tempo (05 people to 08 people) for all transfers & drives mentioned as per the above mentioned itinerary
- Representatives assistance in each city, services of a monument guide, monument entrance fees for those places listed below and an elephant ride at the Amber Fort
- Entrances to Humayun’s Tomb, Qutab Minar in Delhi, Havelis in Mandawa, Amber Fort, City Palace, Observatory in Jaipur, Fatehpur Sikri, Taj Mahal (once), Agra Fort, Baby Taj and Sikandra in Agra
- All current Govt. applicable taxes
Price Does Not Include:
- Any International or domestic airfare to/from India including International airport tax
- Meals not specified
- Accompanying escort OR naturalist
- Camera fee wherever levied
- Any increase in monument entrances as per Government notifications in future
- Any additional taxes levied by the Government of India on the tourism sector in future
- Any expenses of personal nature such as hard/soft drinks, laundry, phone/fax calls, tips etc.
- Any item not mentioned in the price includes section
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control
- Kindly note that names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on using of these hotels and it is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey such confirmation to you. In the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available we shall book alternative accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction as applicable) to you.
- Please remember a visa is essential when visiting India